This course is offered as a customized on-site course only. No open enrollment available at this time.
Please contact us to schedule a course at your location.
Indoor Air Quality Training for Building Owners and Managers
This training course provides an overview of the common causes of occupant complaints about the building environment, potential related heath issues, and methods for preventing and managing concerns about indoor air quality.
- ASHRAE criteria for acceptable indoor air quality
- Useful air quality standards
- Potential causes of complaints/health effects in the indoor environment, with techniques for
- prevention and resolution:
- Poor air distribution
- Insufficient outdoor air
- Humidity and/or temperature extremes
- Mold and other allergens/pathogens
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Inadequate filtration
- HVAC system deficiencies
- Construction/Renovation issues
This seminar also will cover the techniques used to assess building status in regard to the potential issues listed above, and practical steps to take in the course of addressing and resolving an indoor air quality episode. Attendees will receive a 3-ring binder containing materials covered in this seminar.
Attendees will be provided a copy of course materials.
Course Length and Time
1 day (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. )